No wait, I'm a WINNER!!!
My first award!! *wipes tear*
The lovely and hilarious Andrea over at A Steady Stream of Chatter strolled by yesterday and left a little message saying that I won! Oh the feeling of success, appreciation...it's just AWESOME!! Plus, this is a STYLISH Blogger Award, which makes it even better. Clearly, someone's been following me around and digs my faux fur cheetah shrug... *looks around*
Now that the SUPREME EXCITEMENT has somewhat settled, there's a list of things I need to do.
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
All right-y, here we go (I'll do them in a countdown format to jazz it up a little...although there really isn't an order...whatever, just go with it)
7. I had 3 glowworms when I was younger (with the batteries removed because my parents were worried I'd knock myself unconscious as my favourite thing was to twirl them around by their hats). They went everywhere with me. The joke was that they'd be in bed with me when I was married. After the years I'm now down to ONE and yes, Glowly makes an appearance from time to time.
6. I fundamentally believe that BACON makes everything better and mushrooms are THE WORST.
5. I do THE most amazing chipmunk impression. His name is Cheezers.
4. One of my dream jobs would be to work at OPI and come up with names for new polishes.
3. On a family vacation in Italy, we went to a restaurant called Maison de Filippo where we were served a 40 COURSE MEAL. No, that's not a typo. It took hours and it was amazing.
2. My first driver's license had my "sex" listed as "MALE". When I went to get it fixed, the DMV lady told me that mistakes like that never happen and I must have checked the wrong box. Obviously.
1. When I was 11, I was PHYSICALLY REMOVED from my front-row balcony seat at The Phantom of The Opera. My mother had bought me the CD's months before opening week so I'd know what was going on. I totally loved it and halfway through the first act, stood up and started singing along AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS. By the time my mother realized what was happening (I was next to my Grandma and cousin), security was carting me away. I was allowed back in for the second half, after I promised that I would be quiet.
Now it's MY TURN to give the award to others. I'm currently addicted to these guys 'n gals (although there aren't 15). Some are funny, some are heartwarming, some are both. So start clicking, people!!
And if you haven't checked out A Steady Stream Of Chatter, get over there already!
THANK YOU THANK YOU Andrea! It's totally MADE MY DAY!!